Labels

10/22/18

Storyofmylife

My dear viewers,get comfy on your couches, because it's with enormous pleasure that I introduce you to the beautiful messy adventure called My Life.
So the question is "What am I doing with my life?", big question, really like a thousand dollars question.
Let's give this blog a proper introduction, shall we?

In the past two months a lot happened. I graduated from High School and then moved to The Netherlands where I started university.
I am studying International Business at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences and I am already in my seventh week. It's an English program full of international students and I am liking it a a lot so far.
I don't know where to start with all the stuff I went through already this past months. It's been awesome and overwhelming at the same time.
I came to Amsterdam the 21st of August with my mum, who really helped me out setting up everything with my room and other things. After a couple of days she left and there I was, alone, quite far (but not that far) from home, in a foreign country trying to first of all realize and then figure out everything by myself.


FAST FUN FACTS:
I forgot my phone in a Uber car and then it got stolen by some other clients. NICE.
I was almost late to my first lecture on my fist day of uni, I didn't have my phone so I didn't know the way. NEVER BIKED SO FAST AND PANICKED EVER.
I hit a short pole with my bike's pedal, which twisted on the inside. Had to bring my bike to the shop and get it fixed. THE SHOP WAS NOT CLOSE BY.
I parked my bike on a bridge in downtown Amsterdam. The chain got stuck because of the rain and the rust, I tried to oil it and open it and the key broke inside the lock. NICE. I went to the police and they said they couldn't help me, I asked many bike shops what I was supposed to do (someone even told me to bring the bike to their shop to open the chain...) and eventually I found a guy who cut the chain with like an electric saw. YEY.
I locked myself out of my room for half a day. I know at this point you'll be wondering "Where does she live?". Well I live in an ex-prison. Yup. And we get the full prison life experience, with fire alarms loud likethereisnotomorrow and bars at the windows, apparently the monthly rent is all inclusive you know.

These are the most hilarious (believe me not fun to experience) things that happened to me, for now...


If I looked at the other side of the coin though, I can say I am loving living here and I like my courses at the university a lot.
I decided to study here because of the great program they have and the fact that it's fully in English. I enjoy the international environment so much!
Honestly if you would have asked me two or three years ago where I wanted to study I would not have said The Netherlands at all, I've never even been here before this last winter when I visited the university! And then I bumped into this program on a search engine for students to find your future higher level education "path". The courses they offered intrigued me a lot, since it's not just business, there are languages and other more humanistic subjects too. I took in consideration some other colleges too, in Germany, Scotland and another one in another Dutch city, but in the end I fell in love with Amsterdam. So here I am.
Amsterdam is a great city. And not just because of weed people, there are so many other things to do here and every day I discover something new.

I'll definitely talk more about Amsterdam and more about my uni in other posts!

Quote of the post:
"Create the life you can't wait to wake up to"




















No comments:

Post a Comment